UN Volunteer Jobs 2021: If you are interested and ready to become a UN Volunteer, you can join a million others to register and become an international volunteer through any of the available opportunities cutting across a wide range of professions. UN volunteer job – available to volunteers from any part of the globe
You can contribute your time, skills and knowledge through volunteering with the UN. This is an opportunity to create a positive impact and be a significant force for achieving peace and development. If you are looking for an opportunity to serve humanity and at the same time make a living, then apply for UN volunteer job.
If you are interested and ready to become a UN Volunteer, you can join a million others to register and become an international volunteer through any of the available opportunities cutting across a wide range of professions. UN volunteer job – available to volunteers from any part of the globe. UN Volunteers Program 2021 | DETAILS
What It Involves (Why Volunteer?)
- The International UN Volunteers promote peace and development in communities around the globe, while upholding the ideals and aspirations of the United Nations.
- Volunteers come from 160 countries, representing many cultures and backgrounds. They bring a wide variety of perspectives and approaches.
- Your volunteer assignment will make a lasting impact. It can create a ripple effect that extends far beyond the immediate results of your efforts.
- As a volunteer, you will learn about different cultures, expand your networks, study foreign languages and gain matchless professional and life experiences and More
Requirement for Becoming a UN Volunteer
The minimum requirements to serve as an international UN Volunteer or to take up the United Nations volunteer job are:
- 25 years old and older (no upper age limit)
- university degree or higher technical diploma
- at least two years of relevant work experience in a professional background
- good working knowledge of at least one of UNV’s three working languages: English, French or Spanish
- commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism
- ability to work in a multicultural environment
- willingness to work with people and local organizations to draw upon the synergies between expert solutions and local knowledge
- ability to adjust in difficult living conditions and sometimes remote locations
- strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- prior volunteering and/or working experience in a developing country is an asset
Volunteer Duration and Benefits (Service Conditions)
- International UN Volunteers assignments generally run for six to 12 months, with the possibility of extending for one to two years.
- Short-term assignments are also requested by our partners from time to time. International UN Volunteers are entitled to certain allowances. (the allowances is not salary but given for the purpose of sustenance during your service)
How-to-Apply: To apply for the UN volunteer job or for becoming a volunteer, you will take the following steps;
Step 1: Check Your Eligibility
The first step to volunteer abroad with the UN is to determine whether you meet the minimum requirements.
Step 2: Register
If you meet the minimum requirements, next you will proceed to the UN volunteer login page and register your profile in the Global Talent Pool.
Step 3: Find Suitable Volunteer Opportunity
To submit an application and become a volunteer, you need to find a suitable volunteer opportunity from the special calls or from the pools of opportunities.
Hint: You can find opportunities easily by checking desired country/region or simply scroll through the list of recently posted opportunities to find the ones that suits you.
Application Deadline: Varies
Visit the Official Website for Further Details